Augmented reality is offering phenomenal customer experience in the automotive industry. It enables engineers to envisage concepts uniquely and potentially. Also, AR helps to train employees to improve their performance. The best thing about AR is, it allows one to experience the features of a car or any other vehicle with a 3D walk which is otherwise feasible only in real metal. This strategy added a new dimension to the automotive industry.
Advantages of Augmented Reality in the Automotive Industry
AR has found a place for itself in almost all the industries. However, its entry into the automotive industry renders organizations and consumers numerous benefits. Let’s see some of the perks of automated reality in this industry.
- Users can test-drive their favorite cars in the comfort of their own house with just a smartphone in hand. A 360-degree view of the car can be experienced without actually being in it.
- Flashing of digital signs in the windshield without blocking the driver’s view using a smartphone during an emergency helps in alerting other cars.
- To deal with the complexity of the vehicles, service engineers are provided with augmented reality-based service support tools that display the co-relation between the real and virtual parts in 3D.
- Using AR, the design team can change or assess the parts at the initial stages, allowing reduction of time and cost during the launch. Manufacturers can visualize the performance exactly.
- AR paves way for digital showrooms in this modern era where they take care of people with different variants, thereby avoiding wastage of time, space, and money.
Importance of Augmented Reality-Based Training
Now, the perks of introducing AR in the automotive industry is pretty clear. So, let’s figure out the importance of automated reality-based training in this industry.
Reduction of Head and Eye Movement
3D incorporated computer graphics are veneered in the technician’s field of view. This, in turn, improves the eye on the workspace time, thereby increasing the performance of the user in the manufacturing operations.
Supporting Perception and Transformation Mentally
AR offers sturdy leverage of spatial cognition and memory by spatially connecting information to physical stuff and locations in real-time. This is the reason why AR is accepted as an on-the-job training facilitator.
Reduction of Attention Switching Cost
Integrated computer graphics are amalgamated with the user’s view using AR, so that focus can be drawn with tags, object highlighting, arrows, and animations. This, in turn, reduces the switching of attention between the instructional medium and the task.
Maintenance and Repair
Usually, maintenance and repair follow a set of procedures involving manuals, flowcharts, and schematics. Such tasks are time-consuming and this can be greatly reduced with the help of AR. This reduces the operation errors as well thereby mitigating economic loss.
Testing and Inspection
Automated reality-based system collaborates object identification, tracking, task-based user interfaces to provide effective workshop experience. This displays the components and parts that need evaluation. They are highlighted and bit by bit guide a technician to diagnose and fix the problem.
There is no doubt that the money invested in training can be got back in double by improving the profits of a company. This is because training turns un-skilled employees into skilled employees thereby letting them perform better. Besides, implementing augmented reality improves the quality of training. So, if you want to know how AR can benefit your organization, contact AI Cyber Solutions.
Do not hesitate to drop your comments and views in the comment box below. For more such interesting topics, follow us on social media.